2014年12月17日水曜日

Leading at the edge Chapter 1

Leading at the edge chapter 1.


We learned about who is Shackleton in the last class.


Next, in this part, I learned some ways of thinking and leading followers to goal from the reading!!!!


It's difficult make difference "leading" and "reading".....


Anyways,


The most impressed for me is "Do Something!"

It sounds like not good leader, but Shackleton was maintaining followers motivation to survival by this thinking!!!


First day when Shackleton departed from the camp, they just went forward 1 mile. And next day, they just went forward 1 mile.
They had to go forward 312 miles to call help!!!! However, they just go forward 1 mile in first day and second day!!!



"In spite of the dangers, Shackleton understood the need to try."

It's really difficult decision!!!


I think this way to lead people is really really important.

For example,I'm belonging to the street dance club in ICU.

and, I'm the leader of my genre of freshman and sophomore.


I can use the way to lead followers "Do Something!"

If leader practice really hard wit having the passion, followers might be impressed and practice hard, I think.


I hope this way make sense and lead followers.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Taiga,

    Wow, four posts already! Thanks for these, and all your fun pictures. I like what you said about what you learned from soccer, and I didn't know you are a Smoothstepper, but maybe that is how you know people like Koji and many others I know.

    You are off to a great start!

    返信削除
  2. Although we don't belong in the same club, I know how hard the smooth steppers' practice is. Ganbatte!

    返信削除
  3. Hi Taiga,
    I was inspired by the "Do Something" part in L@E as well. It is quite difficult to take an action which seems to be unsuccessful, especially when uncertainty is spread out among group members. But, as you said, it will be one of the most important leadership skills. I did not know that you are a leader in Smoothsteppers, but for this reason, you can use what you learn in this class in your club!

    返信削除